[VOLUNTEERING] Student Hosts – Campaign Launch – Saturday 17 October 2015
The University of Cambridge Development and Alumni Relations are looking to recruit a fabulous team of energetic, friendly Cambridge students to act as Student Hosts at a prestigious event in October which will celebrate the launch of the new £2billion fundraising campaign for the University and the 31 Colleges.
I consider that you would be an excellent ambassador for your College and University at this event.
Interested in getting involved? Read on…
In October we will be welcoming several hundred of the most generous donors to and potential investors in Collegiate Cambridge for a weekend of intellectual discovery and celebration. Our aim is that our alumni, friends and supporters leave with a sense of having been part of something very special, having had interaction with many of our top academics, researchers and current students and that they will want to be part of our future and make a commitment to the campaign. The programme includes College dinners on the Friday night; behind the scenes tours in departments and an academic symposium during Saturday and a brunch on Sunday morning. Saturday culminates in a special celebratory drinks reception at the Senate-House, a unique experience in King’s College Chapel and a gala dinner on the Scholars’ Lawn at Trinity College.
How you can help?
Our ambition is for each couple or individual attendee to have a personal Student Host for the Saturday evening to make their event experience both smooth and memorable.
Your participation in this event depends on your feeling comfortable talking to a stranger(s), answering their questions about yourself and a number of other issues/topics and undertaking a variety of duties including:
- Welcoming your allocated guest(s) at the Senate House and explaining the plans for the evening
- Introducing yourself, where you come from, your College, what you are studying, your experience of applying to and studying at Cambridge, your aspirations for the future
- Asking your guest(s) about themselves, where they come from, their link to Cambridge and their familiarity with the university and the city
- Assisting your guest(s) with moving between the Senate-House, King’s College Chapel and Trinity College easily and quickly whilst giving brief descriptions (history and use) of:
- Senate House
- Kings College Chapel
- Colleges en route
- Trinity College
- Achievements of pertinent alumni etc
- Showing your guest(s) to their seats in the Chapel and at dinner
- Helping your guest(s) with practical arrangements – holding umbrellas, assisting with and carrying coats, directing to cloakrooms, answering queries and you will need to be able to recognise your guest(s) so as expedite the collection of them when required
- You will need to be relaxed but respectful and able to assess how much conversation your guest(s) wants or understands throughout the evening.
You will be:
- Thoroughly briefed and receive crib notes at the two briefing sessions before the event
- Well-fed and watered throughout the evening
- Receive special branded clothing that you can keep.
You will need to be available for:
- A briefing session on Saturday 10 October 2pm – 4pm in the Senate House and
- A briefing session on Tuesday 13 October 7.30pm – 9.30pm in the Senate House and
- On Saturday 17 October from 4pm – 10.45 pm
In order to apply for this exciting opportunity, please complete the form – here –
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/campaignstudenthosts by Wednesday 30th September.
Many thanks for considering this opportunity.