MCR Bulletin 21/11/14
- [EVENT] CUDGS StarClash 3 – Live E-Sports Gaming Event – Cambridge vs ARU
- [EVENT] Rogers and Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA! in the Cambridge Arts Theatre 25th – 29th November
- [EVENT] Stokes society: Dr Kathy Romer on “Dark Energy: Is the Universe Playing Tricks on Us?”
- [AUDITIONS] Auditions for Queens’ May Ball
- [EVENT] BIOSOC PhD Information Event | Wednesday 26th November 7pm | Plant Sciences Large Lecture Theatre
- [EVENT] 11th Annual Global Energy Summit
- [WIN] Win a £10 Amazon voucher in 30 seconds!
[EVENT] CUDGS StarClash 3 – Live E-Sports Gaming Event – Cambridge vs ARU
CUDGS StarClash 3 – Cambridge vs ARU
LOL. DOTA2. Hearthstone.
Saturday 29th November
This is an all-day live gaming event with League of Legends, DOTA 2 and Hearthstone computer games played live in front of an audience watching all the action commentated on a large screen, hosted by the Cambridge University Digital Gaming Society. Teams from Cambridge University will face off against Anglia Ruskin’s finest in an inter-university battle!
Come to play, cast and spectate your favourite games and be part of a great crowd of gamer fans. YOU get to be involved! Loads of games will be played and casted at every level, and we want as many players and casters as we can! Also tune in to watch our live stream athttp://www.twitch.tv/cudgs
Want to play live casted games on the day (LoL, Dota2, Hearthstone)?
Want to cast during the event in front of a live crowd and be streamed online?
Then sign up using the following form: http://goo.gl/forms/3yW1VhyXNJ
Or just turn up on the day to spectate. See you there!
[EVENT] Rogers and Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA! in the Cambridge Arts Theatre 25th – 29th November
Cambridge Operatic Society (CaOS) is bringing Rogers and Hammerstein’s musical OKLAHOMA! on stage at the Cambridge Arts Theatre from Tuesday 25th until Saturday 29th November with performances starting 7:30pm every day as well as Thursday and Saturday matinees at 2:30pm.
The cast is great and it will be a really fun show! Get your tickets athttp://www.cambridgeartstheatre.com or call the box office under 01223 503 333. Tickets start from 15£ with student reductions available during the week.
[EVENT] Stokes society: Dr Kathy Romer on “Dark Energy: Is the Universe Playing Tricks on Us?”
Wednesday 19 November, 9.00pm
Nihon Room, Pembroke College
What is Dark Energy? This is one of science’s greatest mysteries at the moment, and Dr Kathy Romer is coming to unravel it a little for us!
FREE for members
Free wine and nibbles
[AUDITIONS] Auditions for Queens’ May Ball
Taking place on Tuesday 16th 2015, will be held
on the 23rd and 30th of November.
If you would be interested in performing, please book an audition slot by filling out this form:
[EVENT] BIOSOC PhD Information Event | Wednesday 26th November 7pm | Plant Sciences Large Lecture Theatre
Come to hear from the Careers Service, Prof. Steve Russell, Dr. Tim Weil and PhD students about how to gain a PhD place and what it is like to do one. A must for anyone considering a PhD in biological sciences! Also you can quiz the speakers afterwards over wine and nibbles… Free for members, £2 for non-members, £15 for lifetime membership, £10 for annual membership
[EVENT] 11th Annual Global Energy Summit
On behalf of London Business School’s Global Energy Summit team, we invite you to register for the 11th Annual Global Energy Summit – London Business School’s flagship energy event.
Over the last 10 years, the Summit has provided an unrivalled forum for political, academic, and business thought leaders to explore and debate their ideas on the future of the energy industry.
- Interact with over 300 energy professionals from around the globe
- Top speakers and panellists from The Boston Consulting Group, BP, Shell, GE, Statoil, Schlumberger Business Consulting, Deutsche Bank, FMC, Tesla, Wintershall, E.ON, EDF Energy and other key industry thought leaders
- Refreshing and Challenging Keynote Addresses and Panel Debates designed to stimulate the audience – encompasses over 25 highly regarded speakers
- Highly Interactive: Engage in Dialogue with Speakers and Panellists
- Largest ever Global Energy Summit
- Networking during and after the event with influential commercial business leaders and decision makers
Discussions in the Summit will focus on Resource Efficiency and Energy Security, and include panels on:
- Financing of new asset classes in renewable energy
- Maximizing under the ground value of fossil fuels
- Persistent energy security issues
- Innovation in storage systems and demand-response economics
The Summit will take place on Thursday, November 27, 2014 adjacent to the LBS campus at the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG). More information on the Summit is available at:http://www.lbsglobalenergysummit.com .
Registrations are now open. You can avail tickets at 20% discount to original price for both students and professionals at
We look forward to seeing you at the event.
[WIN] Win a £10 Amazon voucher in 30 seconds!
Haven’t started a business before? Want a £10 Amazon voucher, and have 30 seconds to spare? If so, we want to hear from you! Just 2 quick questions, follow the link below.
Thanks! Any questions, just ask Gonzalo at gg301 – he gets lonely sometimes and would enjoy hearing from you :-).