[JOB OPPORTUNITY] Group SJR
Animation & Design
About the job
Strategic Account Manager
Group SJR/ Colloquial London is looking for an ambitious and energetic Strategic Account Manager to join our growing team.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be Ready To
• Work on key client accounts. Initial focus will be with a large, multinational energy company, across brand strategy, production and digital execution. But candidate needs to show the flexibility and enthusiasm to work across industry verticals
• Help build and execute strategies that communicate and achieve client vision, needs and goals
• Work closely across all internal teams to oversee planning, production and delivery and communicate progress and any pressing matters to client
• Work within a cross-agency environment, partnering with other agencies with their own specialties (media, PR, ATL creative in particular)
• Bring a laser focus to execution, organising the work that needs to be done and ensuring fast and accurate delivery
• Regularly bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the team
• Be a part of the building of a fast-growing business
• Become a knowledge expert within client’s industry
• Write and edit communications of all kinds
You Will Be Successful In This Role If You
• Have an active interest in marketing/comms, ideally with a digital focus
• Have strategic chops, and a real desire to get things done
• Have a particular interest in the growing field of “content marketing”, and a high degree of familiarity wth social media channels
• Are fluent in social media formats, channels, and emerging trends
• Are excited by being in a start-up environment, dealing with high growth and significant uncertainty, and ready and willing to wear several hats
• Work efficiently and effectively in a deadline-driven environment
• Take ownership of assignments and commit to seeing projects through in a timely manner
• Ready and willing to bring ideas to the table
• Are obsessed with details
• Happy communicating with client stakeholders of all levels
• Eager to collaborate no matter what the project or scope
• Have presentation training experience
• Can figure things out, and get things done!
“The Biggest Publishing Company You’ve Never Heard Of!”
Don’t take our word for it. It’s how Fast Company described SJR’s pioneering role in content marketing. Today with unmatched depth of talent, from strategists to journalists to multimedia creatives, and top clients across consumer, finance, energy, pharma, tech and more, we are the industry leader.
Group SJR was founded in 2004 and acquired by WPP in 2013 since which it has grown rapidly, expanding from New York and Los Angeles to San Francisco, London, Toronto, Mexico City, Paris and Sydney, now counting a staff of around 200 global strategists, writers, designers, multimedia producers, and developers.
Group SJR and JWT partnered to launch Colloquial in 2015 which has grown phenomenally by leveraging SJR’s business model and JWT’s brand expertise and client base.
Colloquial lives at the intersection of advertising, publishing and public relations, with storytelling and creativity at its core. We turn brands into publishers as part of their marketing and communications mix. It is a joint venture of J. Walter Thompson, the world’s best-known communications brand, and Group SJR, “the biggest publishing company you’ve never heard of”, and within the WPP family.
In London, the combined SJR and Colloquial business has boomed from a staff of one to 30 with several million in revenues and healthy margins in less than 3 years, and is the hub from which expansion into EMEA is managed while also continuing to develop significant UK growth.
SJR and Colloquial are subsidiaries of WPP.