[CONFERENCE] Invitation | Africa Together Conference | June 10, 2017 | Cambridge Union
The African Society of Cambridge University would like to invite you to the fourth “Africa Together” Conference which will be held on Saturday, 10th June 2017 at the Cambridge Union. The theme for this year’s conference is “Africa and a World in Transition”.
“Africa Together” is the largest student-led conference on Africa at the University of Cambridge. Over the last three years, the conference has grown into a leading platform that convenes some of Africa’s best minds, policy-makers, businessmen and women, scholars, students, and young professionals to discuss issues of critical importance to the continent’s future. With speakers from 15+ countries, this event promises to be one of the largest and most diverse commemorations of Africa Day in the UK.
Panel discussions will explore diverse issues affecting Africa ranging from African trade, banking and finance; good governance and the rule of law; women and leadership; IT and infrastructure; development and private sector cooperation in Lusophone Africa; African higher education systems; to life science and health. The day will include keynote addresses as well as exhibitions by our partners.
Some of our confirmed speakers include:
- Zeinab Badawi, BBC (currently chair of the Royal African Society);
- Yonov Frederick Agah, Deputy Director-General, World Trade Organisation;
- Nadir Mohamed, Country Director of the GCC Countries, Middle East and North Africa, The World Bank Group.
- Armando Cabral – Managing Partner, McKinsey;
- Antonio Coutinho – CEO, Standard Bank, Angola;
- Gossy Ukanwoke – Founder, Beni American University, Nigeria
- Mohammad-Mahmoud Ould Mohamedou, Professor, the Graduate Institute, Geneva, Switzerland named in 2016 by the New African Magazine among the top 50 most influential African intellectuals;
- Peter Burdin, consultant for many African countries and former chief of BBC Africa Bureau
Kindly find ticketing information here: http://bit.ly/2qxoYfi. The conference is free for students until 3rd June, subject to terms and conditions. Each ticket includes lunch (delicious dishes reflecting the diversity of the African continent) and coffee/tea breaks Follow our page for daily updates, https://www.facebook.com/CamAfricaDay #CamAfricaDay @CamAfricaDay.
The conference posters and press release are attached. If you have any queries regarding programming or logistics, feel free to contact email@example.com.
See you at the conference!
Chair, Africa Together Conference 2017