[Job Opportunity] CUCCS Summer opportunity, teaching in China
Dear *** college MCR/JCR ***Department,
As one of the major Chinese Society in Cambridge, Cambridge University Chinese Cultural Society (CUCCS) has successfully organised Cambridge English Summer Camp in China for five years. We’re recruiting this year’s volunteer now and we would like to ask you to help us post the following information into your newsletter. It will be a great opportunity for Cambridge students to explore the world and contribute during the summer. If this is not the appropriate email address to ask, can you please let us know who we should contact? We really appreciate for your support.
A fully funded volunteering English teaching program in China this summer!
Interested in teaching children and Chinese culture? Want to do something different and visit China? CUCCS Cambridge English Summer Camp has been successfully hosted for five years. It brings enthusiastic and talented Cambridge students together to inspire and teach Chinese students. Your help will have a great impact on students in China and allow you to share your talents with others, leaving a positive and lasting impact.
Here’s an opportunity for a FULLY FUNDED placement (including flights, accommodation and meals) in Beijing and Shijiangzhuang/Guangdong Province this summer!
- Organizer: The Cambridge University Chinese Cultural Society (CUCCS)
- Location: Camford Royal School in Beijing and Shijiazhuang/ Guangdong Province (you’ll be allocated to either Beijing plus Shijiangzhuang camp or Guangdong camp)
- Dates: from 10th July to 20th August 2016 (including 32 teaching days and 8 non-teaching days) (*exact dates are subject to change)
- Roles: Teaching English to students age from 8-18 in a summer camp (no previous teaching experience or qualifications are necessary)
- Free return flights (maximum reimbursement 600 pounds), accommodation and meals, an extra 2,000RMB pocket allowance
- Regular Chinese culture classes offered by the school
- Guided sightseeing tours for you to explore China
It will be a highlight on your CV as well as an experience, which you will carry with you for a lifetime.
To apply, please fill in an application form.
(Previous CCS volunteers only need to fill in basic information and will be guaranteed an interview)
Deadline for application is 3rd March 2016. Interviews will be held near the end of Lent term.
Want to find out more about it? Join us at the information session at:
3.00pm Saturday 6nd February 2016 Keynes Hall Kings College. Volunteers from previous years will be invited and share their experience with us.
The information session will be mainly based on Q&A, so please submit your questions via the following link and we will select the most frequently asked questions to answer during information session: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1h60m_4ZCcybMbN-xuI0bXIvMoYk8sDVLoBTl3SN5ULA/viewform?usp=send_form
Email cuccs.summerprogram if you have further questions.
P.S. You DO NOT need to have any teaching qualifications or knowledge of Mandarin to volunteer.
Please see our Facebook event page at: https://www.facebook.com/cuccssummercamp/?fref=ts